Acceptable Use Policy
This acceptable use policy sets out the terms between you and us under which you may access our website www.nexusalpha.com (our "Site"). This acceptable use policy applies to all users of, and visitors to, our Site.
Your use of our Site means that you accept, and agree to abide by, all the policies in this acceptable use policy, which supplement our terms of website use.
lps.nexusalpha.com is a site operated by Nexus Alpha Limited ("we", "us", or "our"). We are a limited company registered in England and Wales under company number 2941132 and have our registered office at London House, 7 Prescott Place, London, SW4 6BS. Our VAT number is 653 130 860.
1. Prohibited Uses
You may use our Site only for lawful purposes. You may not use our Site:
- in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation;
- in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
- for the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way;
- to send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards;
- to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam); and
- to transmit knowingly any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our Site in contravention of the provisions of our terms of website use; and
- not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our Site;
- any equipment or network on which our Site is stored;
- any software used in the provision of our Site; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
2. Interactive Services
2.1 We may from time to time provide interactive services on our Site, including, without limitation, online forums (the "Interactive Services").
2.2 Where we do provide any Interactive Services, we will provide clear information to you about the kind of service offered, if it is moderated and what form of moderation is used (including whether it is human or technical).
2.3 We will do our best to assess any possible risks for users (and in particular, for children) from third parties when they use any Interactive Services provided on our Site, and we will decide in each case whether it is appropriate to use moderation of the relevant service (including what kind of moderation to use) in the light of those risks. However, we are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any Interactive Services we provide on our Site, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any Interactive Services by a user in contravention of our content standards, whether the service is moderated or not.
2.4 Due to its technical nature, the use of none of our Interactive Services is intended for minors and we advise parents not to permit their children to use our Interactive Services.
2.5 Where we do moderate Interactive Services, we will normally provide you with a means of contacting the moderator, should a concern or difficulty arise.
3. Content Standards
3.1 These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our Site ("Contributions"), and to any Interactive Services associated with it.
3.2 You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
3.3 Contributions must:
- be accurate (where they state facts);
- be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and
- comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
3.4 Contributions must not:
- contain any material which is defamatory of any person;
- contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory;
- promote sexually explicit material;
- promote violence;
- promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person;
- be likely to deceive any person;
- be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence;
- promote any illegal activity;
- be threatening, abuse or invade another's privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety;
- be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person;
- be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person;
- give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or
- advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
4. Suspension And Termination
4.1 We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of this acceptable use policy through your use of our Site. When a breach of this policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
- immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our Site;
- immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our Site;
- issue of a warning to you;
- legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach;
- further legal action against you; or
- disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
4.3 We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
5. Changes To The Acceptable Use Policy
We may revise this acceptable use policy at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are legally binding on you. Some of the provisions contained in this acceptable use policy may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on our Site.
Nexus Alpha Limited ("we", "us", or "our") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the "Act"), the data controller is Nexus Alpha Limited of London House, 7 Prescott Place, London, SW4 6BS.
1. Information We May Collect From You
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.nexusalpha.com (our "Site"). This includes information provided when you complete a contact information form. This information may include your name, telephone number, email address and any messages you submit;
- your contributions to any interactive services (including, but not limited to, internet forums);
- details of your visits to our Site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, and other communication data, and the resources that you access.
We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Site. If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
2. IP Addresses and Cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our Site and to deliver a better and more personalised service.
3. Where We Store Your Personal Data
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
4. Uses Made Of The Information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- to ensure that content from our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive services, when you choose to do so;
- to provide you with information that you request from us; and
- to notify you about changes to our service.
5. Disclosure Of Your Information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your personal information with carefully selected third party service providers, vendors, business partners and other organizations who provide support services to us (such as a printer, mailing house, web host, order fulfilment, shipping, customer service, data management and promotional services) or that help us market our products and services. We provide these companies with the information needed for them to perform their functions.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if Nexus Alpha Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers and web site users will be one of the transferred assets; and
6. Your Rights
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking or not checking (as the case may be) certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us via the “Contact Us” page.
Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
7. Access To Information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.